I have updated my hypothetical design brief after discussing it in my personal tutorial today. Actions agreed:
- Input my name, the date, and the module number
- Condense 1st and 2nd paragraph
- Correct spelling mistakes
- Write a sentence on my aim
- Define my objectives (HOW am i going to do this, IDENTIFY fabrics, ect.)
- Include a timetable
Hypothetical Design Brief
I will be designing a collection of fabrics for British lingerie brand Agent Provocateur, for them to use in their Autumn/Winter 17/18 collection. Agent Provocateur, founded in 1994 by Joseph Corré and Serena Rees, are well known for producing playful, sexy and luxurious lingerie for women and their boundary pushing campaigns. They are inspired by film and vintage lingerie. Agent Provocateur believe that your lingerie is the most important thing that we put on everyday and so they aim to create luxurious lingerie that fits perfectly, is individual and to make all women feel empowered and confident. To do this they carefully select luxurious fabrics and materials.
The target customers for Agent Provocateur are women that are a age of 20-50 years and in the social geographic groups of A, B, or C1. These women are independent and want high end luxury lingerie to wear from the boardroom to the bedroom. They want the next big thing in lingerie fashion and they want to feel comfortable but also confident. They want their lingerie to fit beautiful, to be exquisite, and to be functional during their social, active and creative lifestyles as well as knowing that they are wearing the most stylish and finest quality lingerie against their skin.
My collection of fabric designs will be suitable for Agent Provocateurs Autumn/Winter 17/18 products by creating designs that are on trend for that season. I will be following trend forecasts such as WGSN as well as reading magazines. I will keep in mind AP’s flirtatious and luxurious style as well as attempting to make them more sustrainable when designing and selecting fabrics. I will also consider the targeted customer and the product that it will be made into. My designs can be produced on fabric that can later be used for Agent Provocateurs constructed products.
My aim is to create and professionally present a textiles collection of fabrics that will be used for Agent Provocateurs constructed lingerie and nightwear products of Autumn/Winter 17/18 for their customers of 20-50 years.
- To obtain Agents Provocateur’s fabric quality and luxurious feel by using fabrics such as silk, satin, velvet, chiffon ect.
- To follow WGSN’s trend forecast and their ‘Earthed’ theme for 2017/18 by following their online trend reports.
- To produce a body of drawings, mark makings and photographs of the outdoors during Autumn and Winter for inspiration.
- To develop drawings, mark makings and photographs by scanning and manipulating them on digital programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- To document all development either on my blog, in my sketch book or in my technical files.
- To research new made natural fabrics that are more sustainable
- To experiment with fabrics and materials that would be suitable for AP’s lingerie
- To experiment with new dye, print and digital techniques such as foil printing and digital stitch
- To further my technical skills with those that I am already familiar with such as screen printing, digital illustration, hand embroidery and free machine embroidery
- To document and log all technical information, processes and techniques used on my blog and in my technical files.
- To produce a range of samples and designs on carefully considered and chosen fabrics
- To present a final collection professionally by making sure that they are trimmed and mounted at a professional standard.
My collections of designs for Agent Provocateur will be produced on fabric and professionally presented. They will be within the flirtatious, feminine style of AP and on trend for Autumn/Winter 2017/18 attracting females that want individual and stylish fabrics used in their lingerie. I will be considering the environment where possible and this will hopefully attract customers that care about ethic issues.
I think that the ‘Earthed’ theme will fit in well with Agent Provocateurs house style. The colour pallet will reflect from the warm saturated colours of autumn which fit in well with AP’s warm and romantic style. Wild floral prints will also fit well with their feminine and playful feel. I will be using the current British autumn to inspire me for primary research and I will create drawings and photographs and create stitch and print samples from this. I will also visit exhibitions such as the V&A’s Undressed exhibition to inspire me and by visiting national parks such as the Quantocks in Somerset.
I will be experimenting with new print, dye, stitch and digital techniques to push and enhance my technical skills. I will be experimenting with digital illustration and CAD to manipulate my illustrations, initial drawings and photographs and creating repeat patterns where necessary. I will also be researching other designers and artists to inspire me to experiment and to explore my theme and my final focus will be a focus on professional presentation.